Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mein Baby

I suppose my invisible audience would like to know more about my current Work-In-Progress, no?

Well, it is called (at the moment) The Hartigan War. It takes place during the American Civil War and centers around the Hartigan family, a vaguely half-Irish, half-French Southern family.

If it weren't currently in the midst of a massive plot overhaul I would tell you things that happen in the beginning like why my main character runs away from home and how he ends up enlisted in the Union army (I still don't know how he joins the Union army), but basically, the main character's name is Adam. His father is a douche and his mother has just died. Adam runs away with a slave named Aria and they head up north to the New York state area. Somehow Adam ends up in the Union Army where he meets a con-artist named Matthew and STUFF happens. I don't know what because I keep changing it.

What I NEED to do is sit down and write. Just write out what comes into my head instead of letting my inner-editor come in and say, "That's no good. Change it. Change it NOW!" I need to tell her to fuck off.

But not to worry, invisible readers, I shall keep you updated on what happens in my novel and how my hands are or are not functioning.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment